SELAMAT DATANG ! WELCOME !

Ladies and gentlemen,

With this blog, I sincerely hope that everyone can contribute and update the information about Malaysia put up here.

For fellow tour guides: Your valuable experiences will very much appreciated if you can share your own experiences and contribute valuable information here.

For future tour guides: Its always in my mind that I hope I can share these information with all of you. Its always in my principle that when we share, we learn and grow as it goes.

For my SUPER VIP TOURISTS ( whom I call friends ): Your contribution here will definitely motivate us to improve our services to all the future SUPER VIP TOURISTS in Malaysia. Its always the hope of tour guides that you will past the words of mouth how beautiful Malaysia is to all future SUPER VIP TOURISTS.

For fellow bloggers: Your valuable suggestions and contributions will also very much appreciated. I hope that with blog, your future travel to Malaysia will be a very much happy and pleasant one.

TERIMAKASIH...
Posted by Chua Eng Han

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lost And Found: WHAT A GOOD JOKE!!!

M now in Genting. Taking an Indian group now.. which I do once in a bluemoon...

M still feeling very tired cos yesterday night could hardly sleep. Sort of like a nightmare for me... with such a bad incident but a very good experience to share among the tour guides...

I have to transfer 2 groups to Genting Highlands from airport due to different flight time. So, after settled the first group I have to immediately rush to the airport to recieve another group. I recieved the first group at about 2pm. The flight is delayed by half an hour. After recieving them, immediately off we go to Genting Highlands. Its quite heave jam while on the way to Genting. As for this group, I have to take the tour members using the cable car whereby the bus will go up to Genting to send their luggages. So I asked my tour leader, Guru to accompany the bus driver, Ah Sang. I left my luggage in the bus.

I was taking the tourists through the skyway and walking all the way to the First World hotel. Its a very hectic and rushing time for me cos I need to get the Magic Show tickets for the guests as well.

Finally when I was settled with the first group, immediate Guru and I rushed back into the bus to go to the airport. When I was in the bus, I realised my luggage is not there. I forgot to remind my driver and Guru that I want to leave the luggage in the bus. I was thinking since my luggage is in the front seat, so the driver and Guru will know that is my luggage. I took for granted that my luggage will be in the bus.

So, I asked Ah Sang, where is my luggage. Ah Sang told me that Guru is the one who carried down my luggage. I inquired Guru about it and Guru told me it was Ah Sang instructed him to carry down my luggage. Guru told me my luggage is mixed up with the tourists' luggages.

I was thinking when the bellboy let the guests take their own luggages, and my luggage will be the only one left behind. So the bellboy will send my luggage back for safe keeping when no one claimed the luggage. I have taken for granted for this.

We were rushing to the airport for the second group. Its so lucky that not much of traffic jam but we were late. The group came out at about 6.30pm. We reached the airport at 7.15pm. But luckily, I have informed Lynn so that she can arranged someone to recieve them on my behalf.

I was very lucky that these guests are very nice. I apologised to them and they were not angry at all. I told them our bus broke down and thats why we were late. So off we went to Genting. We reached Genting at about 9.45pm. I have to arrange for their dinner and then walk back to the hotel. It was already 11.15pm after everything settled for the guests.

Then I went to the bell counter to look for my luggage. To my surprised, my luggage was not there. I seeked the help of the bell captain and they told me Andy, the bellboy was the one who pushed the luggage trolley to the 11th floor. I was feeling very sad and desperate because I kept my notebook in the luggage. I was desperate and I wanted to contact Andy. Called Andy upteen times and finally get hold of Andy.

Andy told me that when he pushed the luggage trolley to 11th floor, the guests took away all the luggages. I was totally dumb founded. Guru who accompanied me said the only way is to wait till tommorrow. I agreed with him that one of guests could have mistaken took the luggage away. So the only way is to get hold of the tourists and inquired them about my luggage.

I was feeling very sad because the notebook is a present from my wife and its really expensive. I went to walk around the whole Genting to look for the guests hoping to meet them to inquire them about the luggage. I didn't meet anyone of them. I phoned to their room and no one was in the room as well.

It was already 1.30am and I went to the room as nothing much can be done. I could not sleep... thinking what stupid mistakes I have done. I watched a movie and finally fell asleep. Even though I was sleeping, I was having sleepless night and I woke up a few times. I even had bad dream about it.

Woke up at 7.30am automatically. Feeling very down. Laze in the bed trying to continue my sleep but I cant. At 9.30am went to the cafe hoping to meet up the guests but didnt meet up with them. So, I have to wait till 10.30am and finally I met the guests.

The guests told me that they saw my luggage was left behind at the 11th floor corridor even till 8pm. Can you imagine that my luggage has left behind for about 4 hours at the corridor and nobody took it.

So immediately I know what to do. I went to the bell department to try my luck again. I went to meet the the bell captain and told him about the whole incident. He immediately called up the housekeeping dept. and the housekeeping told him that the luggage was hand over to the police at the First World hotel. The bell captain again called up the police station and was told that my luggage was hand over to the main police station. The bell captain immediately instructed the police to send the luggage to the police station at the First World hotel. I followed the bell captain to the police station.

Waited there for about 10min and a policeman finally sent my luggage over. After signing off the documents, I happily took back the luggage. Gave some tipping to the police and also the bell captain.

LESSON LEARNT: Never take things for granted. When something is missing or happen, action must be taken immediately!!!

No comments:

Custom Search