SELAMAT DATANG ! WELCOME !

Ladies and gentlemen,

With this blog, I sincerely hope that everyone can contribute and update the information about Malaysia put up here.

For fellow tour guides: Your valuable experiences will very much appreciated if you can share your own experiences and contribute valuable information here.

For future tour guides: Its always in my mind that I hope I can share these information with all of you. Its always in my principle that when we share, we learn and grow as it goes.

For my SUPER VIP TOURISTS ( whom I call friends ): Your contribution here will definitely motivate us to improve our services to all the future SUPER VIP TOURISTS in Malaysia. Its always the hope of tour guides that you will past the words of mouth how beautiful Malaysia is to all future SUPER VIP TOURISTS.

For fellow bloggers: Your valuable suggestions and contributions will also very much appreciated. I hope that with blog, your future travel to Malaysia will be a very much happy and pleasant one.

TERIMAKASIH...
Posted by Chua Eng Han

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tour Guide's Job Satisfaction And Achievements

As a tour guide, have you ever wonder what is your utmost job satisfaction?

When I posted some questions to my fellow tour guides, these are few of the reasons given by them.
1) When seeing that the tourists are happy.
2) The tourists are safe.
3) The tourists have a full knowledge of our country.
4) Spent every single cents they have in Malaysia.

But when I posted this question to the tourists, they will most likely said when I see that they are happy, I will be happy with my job.

After recieving a group of tourists, I will always inform them that it is my responsible and very important to see that they are happy coming into Malaysia and till the very last day of their departure, I will assure that they will be happily going back with great memory of Malaysia.

As a tour guide, we are not like any artists. Whenever an artist finished off his art, he can see it and appreciate it. So, as a tour guide what is our job achievements and satisfactions?

The job title for a tour guide will stick to the person for the whole life. There is no such thing as promotion of title.

The income of a tour guide has been stagnant for almost 10years. A tour guide's fee in Malaysia is only RM150 per day. But at times, we have to work more than 12hours a day.

So, what is the job satisfaction and achievements of a tour guide?

Recently, I recieved 2 emails from my tourists. The comments that they gave to me is of course my job satisfaction. One of the mail is the link as listed:

And here is a copy and pasted email from one of the tourists: http://www.randomthoughtz.com/2009/06/malaysia/

Dear Mr. Chua: I reteurned to Delhi on 21st June after a nice tour of Malayasia and Singapore. I am thankful to you for all your help and excellent guidance given to us during our trip. I was very pleased to notice how proud you are to be a citizen of Malayasia. I was very impreessed with your knowledge of Malayasian socail life, history and culture. Our visit to Malayasia, because of you help was the highlight of our tour. Because of the time spent with you I would like to visit Malayasia again. In case you happen to come to Delhi, please let me know. My Mobile No. is 9810502044. I live very close to New Del;hi Airport. I am planning a 4 week trip starting August 24 to Europe mainly to UK and Spain. Mr. and Mrs Lal join me to convey their thankfulness to you as well. With regards. B P Singh

As for me, whenever I recieved great gratitudes like this is my real achievements and accomplishments.

Towards the end of the tour, you as the tour guide will automatically know that you have done well with your job because from the facial expression of the tourists tells it all.

And of course, certain tourist like Mr. Singh will certainly give us some tokens as appreciation for our job well done...

2 comments:

deanna said...

Kudos to you !!! I bet you get plenty of such compliments from your guests!! I always look up to you ....

Chua Eng Han said...

A big THANK YOU for your compliments...

Custom Search