SELAMAT DATANG ! WELCOME !

Ladies and gentlemen,

With this blog, I sincerely hope that everyone can contribute and update the information about Malaysia put up here.

For fellow tour guides: Your valuable experiences will very much appreciated if you can share your own experiences and contribute valuable information here.

For future tour guides: Its always in my mind that I hope I can share these information with all of you. Its always in my principle that when we share, we learn and grow as it goes.

For my SUPER VIP TOURISTS ( whom I call friends ): Your contribution here will definitely motivate us to improve our services to all the future SUPER VIP TOURISTS in Malaysia. Its always the hope of tour guides that you will past the words of mouth how beautiful Malaysia is to all future SUPER VIP TOURISTS.

For fellow bloggers: Your valuable suggestions and contributions will also very much appreciated. I hope that with blog, your future travel to Malaysia will be a very much happy and pleasant one.

TERIMAKASIH...
Posted by Chua Eng Han

Monday, June 29, 2009

Importance of Being Able To Speak Various Language

Since the month of May,2009, it has been very very low season for most China market tour guides. Previously, on average there will be about 30 groups coming into Malaysia via Singapore. But these days there are only about 5 China groups per day.

I was told that the China government started to impose strict regulations to all the travel agents in China. If there is any complaint from the chinese tourists, then the China travel agent will be black listed.

As for the China tour leaders, they are also strictly controlled as well. They have to deposit RMB40,000 and to ensure that there will be no complaints towards them. Or else their deposit will be forfeited.

Due to this reason, the China travel agents are very reluctant to market their tours to South East Asia.

Of course there are other reasons like the recession and also the H1N1 that made the China tourists reluctant to travel overseas as well.

I am one of the lucky tour guides for I am able to speak fluent English and Malay. As such, I am able to take the Indian and also the Indonesia tourists. I was told some of the China market tour guides can only lead a group a month.

As for last month, I lead a China group, an Indian group and also two Indonesia groups.

So, it is very important that as a tour guide, we must be able to speak various languages in order to survive.

Being able to lead various countries tourists is also an added advantage because I am able to know the habits, culture, likes and dislikes of the tourists.

No comments:

Custom Search