SELAMAT DATANG ! WELCOME !

Ladies and gentlemen,

With this blog, I sincerely hope that everyone can contribute and update the information about Malaysia put up here.

For fellow tour guides: Your valuable experiences will very much appreciated if you can share your own experiences and contribute valuable information here.

For future tour guides: Its always in my mind that I hope I can share these information with all of you. Its always in my principle that when we share, we learn and grow as it goes.

For my SUPER VIP TOURISTS ( whom I call friends ): Your contribution here will definitely motivate us to improve our services to all the future SUPER VIP TOURISTS in Malaysia. Its always the hope of tour guides that you will past the words of mouth how beautiful Malaysia is to all future SUPER VIP TOURISTS.

For fellow bloggers: Your valuable suggestions and contributions will also very much appreciated. I hope that with blog, your future travel to Malaysia will be a very much happy and pleasant one.

TERIMAKASIH...
Posted by Chua Eng Han

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Greenery In Malaysia

Upon recieving the foreign guests, my opening commentary about Malaysia will include a brief intoduction on the geographical background of Malaysia. And after that I will continue with the climate.

Then from here, I will usually tell the foreign tourists that due to our equatorial climate where we have ample of sunshine and rain throughout the year, we have more than twenty over thousand varieties of plants in Malaysia. As a self protection from the demanding foreign tourists, I will usually tell them because of the varietiness of the plants, please be understanding that I am a tour guide and I am not a botanist. So, please do not ask me about the plants. I will only let them know if I know of any special and unique plants.

Malaysians should feel very fortunate that we are so rich with the varietiness of plants in our country. But very unfortunately, most Malaysians took for granted for what we have in our country and very few of us will take the heed to know more about the plants.

Later, after being a tour guide where I communicate with the foreign guests most of the time, I found that they are very keen on the plants available in our country. I felt so ashame that when they asked me about the name of the trees, I could not answer them at all.

So, the foreign tourists are the eye opener for me to learn and appreciate more what we have in our beautiful country, Malaysia. Hence, from here onwards, I will post the plants which I come across from time to time.

When I was doing my research on palms or more popularly known among Malaysians as pinang, I was shocked on the varieties of pinang available in Malaysia. If we as the normal laymen who do not put in the effort, we can easily mistaken on the specicies available.

This is also the reason why the research has delayed my posting on plants here.

No comments:

Custom Search